We’ve been working at a pace that makes every day feel like a week.
It probably comes as no surprise that we’re already experiencing the type of growing pains that startups usually take many months to experience. This comes with the territory. With the mission and timeline we’re undertaking, it is necessary to move at a hyperspeed velocity and the sheer momentum we’ve gathered has started to materialize into results with every leap forward.
Right now, The Ventilator Project is reaching a pivotal moment: our team is poised to have a testable product within the next 7 days. This is more than just a milestone – it’s a transition into a new phase of progress.
AIRA, our ventilator, is truly coming to life.
WHAT’S GOING ON
Since we started our mission almost a month ago, the number of confirmed coronavirus cases around the world have increased from 240,000 to 2,800,000, and the death toll has increased from 10,000 to 194,000. The U.S. has not only surpassed all countries in number of cases, but now accounts for nearly 25% of total COVID-19 deaths. While one-third of states plan to lift their stay-at-home orders in the next week and testing is becoming more accessible, we can expect these numbers to only skyrocket.
WHAT WE’RE DOING
Our prototype development may be the core of this project, but we haven’t ignored the organizational- and human- needs that are essential to running a successful company. This week, we implemented a set of tactical strategies with an emphasis around communication within the organization.
This new project management structure has increased and streamlined communication amongst team members and departments, allowing us to simultaneously maintain our pace and ensure we have a foundation for future growth as a business entity.
It is becoming clear that pressure brings performance: the weeklong sprint to have a completed model for EUA testing has propelled our prototype development to its final stages. We’ve also made major strides in overcoming manufacturing and supply chain bottlenecks, nearing the completion of our sourcing process.
In addition to the tremendous amount of hard work from our various teams, our marketing team launched a complete website redesign. Our new website will act as a robust resource that can be used to stay up to date with our fundraising progress, press mentions, team updates, and more.
We put this together for your viewing pleasure, a little flashback to Week One, where some 3 a.m., exhaustion-induced research into bellows and beekeepers resulted in a 11 hour-long drive through pouring rain and the missing piece needed to create our very first ventilator prototype.
The Ventilator Project Team
While our team makes huge strides every day, we still have a long way to go to reach our immediate goal of raising $200,000.
Your contributions make this project possible.
Together, we can save lives.